Ministry of Minority Affairs has disclosed a notification as Moma Scholarship for candidate who belongs to minority communities such as Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis. Candidates may apply by filling Moma Scholarship Application Form online on or before the last date. We will soon update this page with details of momascholarship.gov.in 2016
To get minority scholarship, candidates must ensure below stated eligibility norms. Govt. of India will provide MOMA Scholarship only to those contenders who desire to pursue their further education. Main motive of providing Post Metric & Merit-cum-Means schemes is to give equal chance to minority communities to complete their higher study. Keep visiting this apeg to obtain information of momascholarship.gov.in 2016.
|Organization Name||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Type of announcement||Moma Scholarship|
Remaining information related to momascholarship.gov.in 2016 are provided by the group of recruitmentresult.com:
Govt. of India offers this scheme to all those students who got highest marks but not capable continue their studies just because of financial problems. The main aim of the Scheme is to provide financial support to the poor students belonging to minority communities. It is distributed to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric
- Scholarship will be given to those candidates who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the earlier final exam.
- Scholarships will not be given to more than 2 students in a family.
- 30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community
- Annual income of parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. Two lakh.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not reward any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- Candidates attaining benefits under this scholarship scheme shall not be permitted to avail of benefits under any other scholarship scheme for the same purpose.
- This Award will be provided for complete Courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Matric-cum-Means
- Scholarship will be given to pursue degree and/or post graduate level technical and professional courses from esteemed University/institution.
- Candidates who desire to get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive exam will be eligible for the scholarship.
- The annual income of parent or guardian of recipient should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- Students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level.
- If the target for allocation of scholarship to a particular minority community in a state/UT is not fulfilled, it will be distributed among the same minority community of other States/UTs strictly in accordance with the merit.
- Selection for MOMA Scholarship- Merit Cum Means Scholarship will be made strictly on the merit basis.
- Preference to the candidates enrolled in recognized Institutions: Within the state-wise allocations, the application from students register in the reputed institutions will be given preference.
- After the scholarships are authorized the state/UT will publish the details of the selected students on the website of state/Government/UT concerned.
Rate of Scholarship:
The rate of scholarship will be as under:
|S. No.||Type of Financial Assistance||Rate for hostler||Rate for Day Scholar|
|1.||Maintenance Allowance (For 10 months only)||Rs. 10,000/-per annum (Rs. 1000 p.m.)||Rs. 5,000/- per annum.
(Rs. 500 p.m.)
|2.||Course Fee*||Rs. 20,000/- per annum or Actual whichever is less||Rs. 20,000/- per annum or Actual whichever is less|
|Total||Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 25,000/-|
* Full course fee will be reimbursed for eligible institutions listed in official notification.
How to apply for Moma Scholarship?
- Application Forms are available on its official website.
- Eligible and willing students may download the Moma Scholarship application form online through its official website which is momascholarship.gov.in.
- Choose the type of scholarship for which you want to apply.
- Fill the application form with actual information and attach all required documents.
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the preceding year on the form attached to the application duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution concerned, if the application was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- Applications may be put forward to the Secretary of the, deptt. of the concerned State Govt/UT administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical/professional courses.
- The student must submit their applications to the state which he/she belongs to and not to the state where the institution where he/she is studying, is located.
Last date for applying Scholarship:
|Event||Dates for Fresh Application (Tentative)||Dates for Renewal (Tentative)|
|Submit of Online Application||In the month of October||In the month of November|
|Scrutiny of Application form by Institute||In the month of November||In the month of November|
|Scrutiny of Application form by State/UT||In the month of November||In the month of December|
|Final List of students selected||In the month of November/December||In the month of December|
For more detailed information candidates can visit the Official Link.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On