National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) has announced NBHM Scholarship for Pursuing Doctoral Program (Ph.D) In Mathematics for the academic year of 2017 -18. The organization is also providing scholarship to give admissions in the Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. programmes. To apply for this scheme, application form on plain paper is invited, so if you want to grab this chance, then apply for it immediately on or before last date.
|Type of Announcement||NBHM Scholarship 2017|
|Closing date||9th December, 2016|
|Date of screening test||21st January 2017|
Fellowship will cover the Institutions like Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and the Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai. Students appearing for joint screening test against this scholarship scheme must hold a master’s degree in (pure or applied) mathematics or statistics or must be final year students of these degree courses.
For getting more information associated with NBHM Mathematics PhD Scholarships, aspirants must go through this entire page that is well uttered below by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
- Those who are captivated to get NBHM Ph.D. scholarship are restricted to have completed their B.S. / M.A. / M.Sc. (or equivalent) degree and should have secured admission to a recognized Ph.D. programme on or before August 1, 2017.
- Scholarship will normally lasts for the period of four years, sanctioned for one year at a time and renewable at the end of each year, subject to satisfactory progress.
- Students must enroll themselves in a recognized Ph.D. degree programme to avail NBHM scholarship. The scholarship will be paid through the institution they join. Part-time research students cannot avail of the scholarship.
NBHM Scholarship Official Notice: Download PDF
NBHM Scholarship 2017 Amount:
Aspirants who will be successful in receiving scholarship will get an amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first and second year and Rs.28000/- per month for subsequent years, a contingency grant of Rs.32000/- per year and house rent allowance as per central government norms wherever applicable.
Check Here: Scholarship in India for Students
- Aspirants need to appear for joint screening test which will feature questions based on topics normally covered in master’s degree programmes in mathematics.
- Duration for Joint Screening Test will be 150 minutes and will involve questions with short answers.
- On considering the performance of written test, candidates will be short-listed for interview before final selection.
Written test will be held at following centers, divided into five separate zones:
- Zone 1: Chandigarh, Delhi, Srinagar
- Zone 2: Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
- Zone 3: Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar
- Zone 4: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong
- Zone 5: Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad
Read Also: How To Prepare For Scholarship
How to Apply for NBHM Scholarship?
- Willing aspirants need to firstly log on to official website of National Board for Higher Mathematics that is www.nbhm.dae.gov.in.
- Now hit on “Press here” link against “NEW: PhD Advertisement2017-18” visible on the home page.
- Read all the provided instruction carefully and then prepare an application on plain paper in the format as attached below the notification.
- Applicants are required to send applications on plain paper along with a recent passport sized photograph and a self-addressed envelope affixed with a Rs. 5/- postage stamp to the address as given below for the appropriate zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test.
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scripted with “NBHM Ph.D. Scholarship”.
You May Read This: How to Apply Scholarship
Addresses of Zonal Coordinators:
|Zone 1||Prof. Gurmeet Kaur Bakshi,|
Department of Mathematics,
Hans Raj Gupta Hall,
Chandigarh – 160 014
|Zone 2||Prof. Kalyan Chakraborty,|
Harish-Chandra Research Institute,
Chhatnag Road, Jhusi,
Allahabad – 211 019
|Zone 3||Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharya,|
School of Mathematics,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba,
Mumbai – 400 005
|Zone 4||Dr. Avishek Adhikari,|
Department of Pure Mathematics,
University of Calcutta,
35, Ballygunge Circular Road,
Kolkata – 700 019
|Zone 5||Prof. S. Kesavan,|
c/o Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
CIT Campus, Taramani,
Chennai – 600 113
- Last date for receipt of completed applications: 9th December, 2016
- Applicant should contact zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by: 6th January 2017
- Applicant should contact centre-in-charge suggested by zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by: 16th January 2017
- Date of screening test: 21st January 2017 (Saturday)
Note: To get more details about NBHM Scholarship 2017 you may check this Official Notification Link. Add this page as bookmarks or you may also join us on Facebook to get info about relevant scholarship schemes.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On