National Board for Higher Mathematics invites NBHM Scholarship Application Form for granting fellowship to students who wish to pursuing for a Ph.D. degree in mathematics. Eligible aspirants need to appear in joint screening test to be organized on 4th Week of January 2018. Applicants may apply for Scholarship by sending form latest by 2nd Week of December 2017. You are advised to apply for NBHM Scholarship 2018 scheme before last date.
On the basis of marks in joint screening test & interview, aspirants will be provided admission in Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. programmes of certain institutions in India like Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and the Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai. To grab more details concerning NBHM Scholarship 2018, go through this page modified by team of recruitmentresult.com.
- Applicants for the NBHM PhD scholarship must be mathematically motivated and hold a master’s degree in (pure or applied) mathematics or statistics
- Those who are in final year of these degree courses are also eligible.
- Aspirants pass B.Sc. (Honours) course with a second class may also apply for NBHM Scholarship 2018 Application Form; they have a masters degree or are in the final year.
- Those who are captivated to get NBHM Ph.D. scholarship are restricted to have completed their B.S. / M.A. / M.Sc. (or equivalent) degree and should have secured admission to a recognized Ph.D. programme on or before August 1, 2017.
- Scholarship will normally lasts for the period of four years, sanctioned for one year at a time and renewable at the end of each year, subject to satisfactory progress.
- Students must enroll themselves in a recognized Ph.D. degree programme to avail NBHM scholarship. The scholarship will be paid through the institution they join. Part-time research students cannot avail of the scholarship.
Check Here: Scholarship in India for Students
What is the minimum amount of NBHM Scholarship 2018?
Those who are eligible for receiving scholarship will get amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first and second year and Rs. 28,000/- per month for subsequent years, a contingency grant of Rs. 32,000/- per year and house rent allowance as per central government norms wherever applicable.
What is the selection criteria for receiving NBHM Scholarship?
- Candidates must appear for a written test in which questions are asked from topics covered in master’s degree programmes in mathematics.
- Time duration of paper is of 150 minutes.
- It comprise of questions with short answers.
- Aspirants are advice to practice previous year papers to score well in NBHM test.
- On the basis of performance in the written test, candidates will be short-listed for interview before final selection.
Want to Know?
Written test will be held at following centers, divided into five separate zones:
- Zone 1: Chandigarh, Delhi, Srinagar
- Zone 2: Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
- Zone 3: Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar
- Zone 4: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong
- Zone 5: Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad
How to fill NBHM Scholarship 2018 Application Form?
- Keen aspirants may log on to official website of National Board for Higher Mathematics that is www.nbhm.dae.gov.in
- Hit on PhD Advertisement 2018 link accessible at below of page.
- Go through all details as per NBHM Notification of Scholarship.
- Check out eligibility, applying process & other details from it.
- Prepare NBHM Application Form 2018 on plain paper in prescribed format.
- Attach recent passport sized photograph and a self-addressed envelope affixed with a Rs. 5/- postage stamp.
- The envelope containing the application should be super scribed “NBHM Ph.D. Scholarship”.
- Forward NBHM Scholarship 2018 form to the address placed below.
You May Read This: How to Apply Scholarship
Addresses of Zonal Coordinators:
|Zone 1||Prof. Gurmeet Kaur Bakshi,|
Department of Mathematics,
Hans Raj Gupta Hall,
Chandigarh – 160 014
|Zone 2||Prof. Kalyan Chakraborty,|
Harish-Chandra Research Institute,
Chhatnag Road, Jhusi,
Allahabad – 211 019
|Zone 3||Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharya,|
School of Mathematics,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba,
Mumbai – 400 005
|Zone 4||Dr. Avishek Adhikari,|
Department of Pure Mathematics,
University of Calcutta,
35, Ballygunge Circular Road,
Kolkata – 700 019
|Zone 5||Prof. S. Kesavan,|
c/o Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
CIT Campus, Taramani,
Chennai – 600 113
Check Here: Scholarship Benefits
- Closing date for receipt of NBHM Scholarship form 2018: 2nd Week of December 2017
- Applicant should contact zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by: 1st Week of January 2018
- Applicant should contact centre-in-charge suggested by zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by: 3rd Week of January 2018
- Date of screening test: 4th Week of January 2018
To grab more details about NBHM Scholarship 2018, have a look at its Official Link. You may stay tuned with this web portal of recruitmentresult.com to attain more details about NBHM Scholarship.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Scholarship Exams For Higher Studies||Best Career Opportunities|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|How to Get a Free College Education||How To Prepare For Scholarship|
|UGC Approved University List||List of Entrance Exam in India|