SCRA Syllabus 2015
SCRA Syllabus 2015 has declared by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for Special Class Railway Apprentices examination. Candidates can download syllabus of SCRA, General Ability/Physical Science/Maths in PDF form.
Union Public Service Commission organizes SCRA exam every year for those applicants who want to get placed in the Mechanical Department of Indian Railway.
Candidates need SCRA Syllabus 2014 for better preparation & know the exact pattern of the exam. Recruitmentresult.com is providing SCRA syllabus 2014 in the below section. Candidates must have a glance.
Union Public Service Commission
SCRA Syllabus 2015
SCRA Syllabus 2015
Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination comprises of three papers viz, Paper I, Paper II, Paper III.
Paper I: English, General Knowledge, Psychological Test.
Paper-I – General Ability Test
The questions will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding and command Of the language.
(ii) General Knowledge
- Environmental pollution and its control
- Food adulteration, proper storage and preservation of food grains and finished products, population explosion
- Population control
- Production of food and raw materials
- Breeding of animals and plants
- Artificial insemination
- manures and fertilizers
- crop protection measures
- High yielding varieties and green revolution,
- Main cereal and cash crops of India
- Solar system and the earth
- Seasons, Climate, Weather, Soil—its ormation, erosion.
- Forests and their uses. Natural calamities cyclones, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions.
- Mountains and rivers and their role in irrigation in India.
- Distribution of natural resources and industries in India.
- Social control — reward and punishment, art, law,
- customs, propaganda,
- National income, economic growth.
- Private and Public Sectors; economic and non-economic factors in planning,
- balanced versus imbalanced growth,
- agricultural versus industrial development;
- inflation and price stabilization,
- Problem of resource mobilisation.
- India’s Five Year Plans.
(iii) Psychological Test
In this section questions will be planned to assess the basic aptitude and mechanical aptitude of the candidate.
Paper II: Physics, Chemistry (Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry).
- Length measurements using vernier,
- Screw gauge,
- Speedometer and optical lever measurement of time and mass
- Straight line motion and relationships among placements,
- Velocity and acceleration
- Newton’s Laws of Motion,
- Momentum, impulse, work, energy and power
- Coefficient of friction
- Equilibrium of bodies under action of Forces
- Moment of a force, couple
- Newton’s Law of Gravitation
- Escape velocity Acceleration due to gravity
- Mass and Weight; Centre of gravity,
- Uniform circular motion, centripetal force,
- Simple Harmonic motion
- Simple pendulum
- Force on a current-carrying conductor in magnetic field; moving coil galvanometers; conversion to ammeter orvoltmeter.
- Chemical effects of current; Primary and storage cells and their functioning
- Laws of electrolysis
- Electromagnetic induction; Simple A.C. and D.C. generators
- Transformers, Induction Coil,
- Cathode rays, discovery of the electron,
- Bohr model of the atom
- Diode and its use as a rectifier
- Production, properties and uses of Grays
- Radioactivity; Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays
- Nuclear energy; fission and fusion,
- Conversion of mass into energy,
- Chain reaction
- Atomic structure
- Atomic radii, Electro-negativity in period and groups.
- Chemical Bonding
- electro-valent, covalent
- coordinates covalent bonds
- Bond properties, sigma and Pie bonds
- Shapes of simple molecules like water
- Hydrogen sulphide, methane and ammonium chloride
- Molecular association and hydrogen bonding
- Energy changes in a chemical reaction Exothermic and Endothermic Reactions Application of First Law of Thermodynamics, Hess’s Law of constant heat summation.
- Chemical Equilibriums and rates of reactions
- Law of Mass action.
- Effect of Pressure,
- Temperature and concentration on the rates of reaction
- Natural and Artificial Radioactivity: Nuclear Fission and Fusion. Uses of Radioactive
- Tetrahedral nature of carbon
- Hybridization and sigma pie bonds and their relative strength
- Single and multiple bonds
- Shapes of molecules
- Geometrical and optical somerism
- General methods of preparation
- Properties and reaction of alkenes
- Alkenes and alkynes
- Petroleum and its refining
- Halogen derivatives
- Carbon Tetrachloride
- Hydroxyl Compounds: Preparation, properties and uses of Primary, Secondary and tertiary alcohols, Methanol
- Fats and Lipids, amino acids and proteins – Vitamins and hormones.
Paper-III-Differential equations, Mathematics, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential equations Vectors and its applications, Statistics and Probability.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|SCRA Application Form||UPSC Calendar|
|SCRA Exam Pattern||SCRA Previous Year Paper|
|SCRA Selection Process||SCRA Eligibility Criteria|
Note: Check the Official Site to get more details.