UPSC Geologist Exam
Union Public Service Commission conducts UPSC Geologist Exam for recruitment of job seekers for Geological Survey of India and Central Ground Water Board categories in various different Posts. Candidates, who want to appear in Combined GeoScientist and Geologist Exam which is tentatively commenced from 13th May 2016, can acquire all information regarding UPSC Geologist Exam 2016 from this page. Interested job hunters who fulfill all below mentioned eligibility criteria can apply by submitting UPSC online application form on or earlier than closing date which is stated below on this page.
|Name of examination||UPSC Geologist Exam|
|Last date of apply (tentative)||4th March 2016|
|Commencement Of Exam (tentative)||13th May 2016|
Aspirants may obtain entire detailed information about UPSC Geologist Exam 2016 such as eligibility criteria, process to apply online and process of selection, important dates etc, which is equipped below by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
Name of Position:
The examination is held for two categories which are mentioned below:
|Category||Name Of Position|
|I (Geological Survey Of India)||
|II (Central Ground Water Board)||Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B)|
- Candidates should have Master’s degree in Geology / Applied Geology or Marine Geology / Mineral exploration / Hydrogeology or Diploma of Associate ship in Applied Geology of Indian School of Mines from recognized university or institutions.
- Contenders must be either a citizen of India / Nepal or Bhutan or should be Tibetan refugee who came over to India or person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries.
Contestant’s age limit should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years and relaxation in upper age limit is allowable for reserved category as per the norms of organization.
|Category Name||Fee||How to Pay|
|General / OBC||Rs. 200/-||By cash or SBI Challan Form|
Process of Selection:
- First of all, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in Combined GeoScientist and Geologist Examinations.
- After that, final selection will be done on the basis of their performance in exam and personal interview.
Scheme of Examination:
|Part I: Written Examination|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper-I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-III||200 Marks|
|Interview For Personality Test||200 Marks|
Process to Apply Online for UPSC Geologist Exam:
- Applicants must apply through online process from the official website that is www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Select the suitable link and press the ‘Press here’ option to fill the part 1 registration.
- Then fill all the mandatory details in the form properly.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature with form.
- After that press ‘Continue’ button to save all the details.
- Now, fill the part 2 Registration and must fill the desired information in it.
- Finally press the ‘Submit’ button and may apply online within the given time period.
- Take print out of it and keep it safe for the future reference.
Important Dates (Tentatively):
|Last Date Of Receipt Of Application||4th March 2016|
|Commencement Of Exam||13th May 2016|
Note: You can check this Official Link, to fetch more information regarding UPSC Geologist Exam 2016. We keep update all latest information regarding UPSC Geologist Exam here so please add this page in your bookmarks, by using control+D, to remain updated.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Notifications||UPSC Entrance Exam|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Previous Year Question|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Challan Form|
|UPSC Online Application Status||Strategy for UPSC Pre Examination|