UPSC Geologist Exam
Application Form Combined Geo-Scientist Notice is available now!!! Union public service commission is going to conduct UPSC Geologist Exam to recruit eligible candidates for the 70 post of Geologist, Geo scientist, Chemist, and Hydro geologists.
Candidates who are waiting for combined Geologist and Geo-scientist examination notification they can apply before the last date that is 16/04/2018. The UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 is going to be organized on 29/06/2018.
|Crucial Points Of This Page:|
As Union Public Service Commission invites online applications from eligible and capable candidates, so those who have requisite eligibility as required for said jobs must apply by following the below given guidelines.
To collect all the other information related to UPSC Geologist Exam 2018–19 candidates should visit below provided details that are well created by recruitmentresult.com. Selected candidates will be appointed as Geo-Scientist and Geologist in the Departments of Indian Government.
UPSC Geologist Exam
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Application Forms can be submitted till||16/04/2018|
|Examination will be held on||29/06/2018|
Names and Number of Post:
|Name||No. Of Vacancy Available|
|Geologist, Group A||24|
|Geophysicist, Group A||17|
|Chemist, Group A||06|
|Junior Hydro geologists (Scientist B), Group A||23|
Candidate should be a:
Citizen of India, a subject of Bhutan; Or Nepal Or of Indian origin but migrated either from East African countries of Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam; Or Tibetan refugees who came across the country in prior of the 1st January, 1962 for permanent settling over here.
Get Details – UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
UPSC Eligibility Criteria:
- For Geologists & Junior Hydro Geologists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Job seekers who are going to apply for stated position must hold Master’s degree in Geology or Geological Science or Applied Geology or Mineral Exploration or Geo-Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Petroleum Geosciences or Coastal Area Studies or Petroleum Exploration or Geophysical Technology from a recognized university.
- For Geophysicists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Candidates must have M.Sc. (Geophysics) or M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized university.
- For Chemists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Candidates should possess M. Sc. in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or Applied Chemistry from a recognized board with good academic records.
Age Limit (as on 01-01-2018):
|Name of Post||Age Limit (Years)|
|Geologist, Group A|| |
21 to 32
|Geophysicist, Group A|
|Chemist. Group A|
|Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B), Group A||21 to 35|
Relaxation to reserved categories will be as per the norms of the organization:
- SC/ST will get 05 years relaxation in age.
- OBC will get 03 years relaxation in age.
- Ex-Servicemen will get 05 years relaxation in age and
- PWD candidates will get 10 years relaxation in age.
- Government servants will get 07 years relaxation in age
- Candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989 will get 05 years relaxation in age
UPSC Geologist Exam Application Form:
Candidates before filling application form must ensure his/her eligibility. If he/she satisfies all the eligibility norms then they can fill application form by tapping to direct link provided below.
Candidates can also visit to official website of union public service commission that is upsc.gov.in to apply through online mode. Candidates must make payment of application fee mentioned below.
- Applying candidates for UPSC Geologist Exam will have to pay an application fee of Rs 200/-.
- SC, ST, PH and female aspirants are not required to pay the fees.
- Participants are required to deposit either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of relevant branches as follows.
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore or
- By using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
To appoint eligible Indians for UPSC Vacancy organization will conduct the written test and Interview / Personality Test.
|Get Details||Interview Preparation Tips|
|How to Prepare for Written Exam|
UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern:
There will be two parts- Part I and Part II.
- Part I will consist of written test having duration of 03 hours for each paper.
- Part II will include interview/ personality test carrying 200 marks.
|Part I: Written Examination||3 hrs|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper-I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-III||200 Marks|
|Interview For Personality Test||200 Marks|
Get Details: UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern
Following are the documents required while appearing for personality test/personal interview round:
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward
- Classes where applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age/ fee concession, wherever applicable.
- Certificate in support of being physically handicapped (wherever applicable)
How to Apply For UPSC Geologist Exam Online Application Form?
To apply for the examination candidates should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination.
- Firstly aspirants may apply for UPSC Careers through online mode by visiting the official website of Union Public Service Commission i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in.
- After that you have to follow ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’.
- Now candidates have to hit on “Press Here below Part I Registration” available in front of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination.
- Fill Online Application Form with all required details.
- After that submit your application fee and then again revisit the site for part two registration.
- After complete the part- I, candidates have to go for further process that is Part-II registration by filling the entries.
- Now upload the scan copy of essential documents such as passport size photograph and signature.
- Lastly take a print out of system generated UPSC Geo-Scientist application for further references.
Get Here>> UPSC Geologist Exam Notification
Hit Here for>> Part I Registration
Tap Here for>> Part II Registration
Allotment of centers will be on “first-apply-first allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained the same will be frozen. This is the reason, candidates are advised to apply early to get the center of their choice.
UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2018:
Candidates can download official site of Union Public Service Commission that is www.upsc.gov.in to download your hall ticket. Go through below given official link to download your admit card directly.
Check- UPSC Geologist Admit Card
UPSC Geologist Result 2018:
Result of appliers will be available in the month of July 2018. Detailed Application Form (DAF) can be filled in the month of July 2018 and Interview will be held on August 2018.
Check Here: UPSC Geologist Result
- Date of releasing official notification: 21/03/2018
- Last Date for Online Application: 16/04/2018
- Exam Date: 29/06/2018
Candidates may get the whole information regarding UPSC Geologist Exam 2018–19 through this Official Link. Aspirants can bookmark this web page or like this page on face book and Google Plus.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On