UPSC Geologist Exam
Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct UPSC Geologist Exam for the recruitment of eligible job hunters for Geological Survey of India and Central Ground Water Board categories in various different Posts. Applicants who want to apply Combined Geo-Scientist Exam must submit the filled form on or before the last date. The exam will be held from 13th May 2016. Applicants want to appear for UPSC Geologist Exam 2016 must check Eligibility Conditions and fill the form through online process as soon as possible.
|Name of examination||UPSC Geologist Exam|
|Commencement Of Exam||13th May 2016|
To obtain other information related to UPSC Geologist Exam 2016 such as post name, vacancy detail, Eligibility Conditions, age limitation, pay scale, selection procedure, how to apply, and etc candidates should visit below provided details structured by recruitmentresult.com
UPSC Geologist Exam
Position Name and Vacancy Detail:
|Category||Name Of Position||Vacancy Detail|
|I (Geological Survey Of India)||Geologist, Group A||121|
|Geophysicist, Group A||56|
|Chemist, Group A||29|
|II (Central Ground Water Board)||Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B)||02|
A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- Candidates should have Master’s degree in Geology / Applied Geology or Marine Geology / Mineral exploration / Hydrogeology or Diploma of Associate ship in Applied Geology of Indian School of Mines from recognized university or institutions.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India
Contestant’s age limit should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years and relaxation in upper age limit is allowable for reserved category as per the norms of organization.
For Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B):
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 35 years on 1s t January 2016 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2n d January 1981 and not later than 1s t January 1995.
Application Fee Detail:
|Category Name||Fee||How to Pay|
|General / OBC||Rs. 200/-||By cash or SBI Challan Form|
Process of Selection:
- First of all, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in Combined GeoScientist and Geologist Examinations.
- After that, final selection will be done on the basis of their performance in exam and personal interview.
Scheme of Examination:
|Part I: Written Examination||3 hrs|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper-I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-III||200 Marks|
|Interview For Personality Test||200 Marks|
Way to Apply for UPSC Geologist Exam:
- Participants must apply through online process from the official website that is www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Select the appropriate link and press the ‘Press here’ option to fill the part 1 registration.
- Then fill all the mandatory details in the form properly.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature with form.
- After that press ‘Continue’ button to save all the details.
- Now, fill the part 2 Registration and must fill the desired information in it.
- Then, press the ‘Submit’ button and may apply online within the given time period.
- At last, take print out of it and keep it safe for the future reference.
|13th May 2016||9.00 A.M. TO 12.00 Noon||1||General English|
|2.00 P.M. TO 5.00 P.M||2||Geology Paper – I|
|Chemistry Paper I|
|14th May 2016||9.00 A.M. TO 1200 Noon||3||Geology Paper II|
|Geophysics Paper II|
|Chemistry Paper –II|
|2 .00 P.M. TO 5.00 P.M.||4||Geology Paper III|
|Geophysics Paper III|
|Chemistry Paper III|
|15th May 2016||9.00 A.M. TO 12.00 Noon||5||Hydrogelogy|
If you want to get more detail against UPSC Geologist Exam 2016, check Official Notification.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Notifications||UPSC Entrance Exam|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Previous Year Question|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Challan Form|
|UPSC Online Application Status||Strategy for UPSC Pre Examination|