UPSC Geologist Exam
Union Public Service Commission is going to organize UPSC Geologist Exam shortly. Application forms are invited against vacancies of Geologist and Geophysicist post till last date that is stated below. Applicants may appear for Combined Geo Scientist and Geologist Examinations on scheduled date that is stated below. You may also collect details about UPSC Geologist Exam 2017 by going through this page.
To obtain other information related to UPSC Combined Geo Scientist and Geologist Examinations such as post name, vacancy detail, Eligibility Conditions, age limitation, selection procedure, process to apply, and etc candidates should visit below provided details that are structured by recruitmentresult.com.
UPSC Geologist Exam
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Application Forms can be submitted||February & March 2017|
|Admit Card can be downloaded||May 2017|
|Examination will be held on||May 2017|
- I (Geological Survey Of India)
- II (Central Ground Water Board)
A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- Candidates should have Master’s degree in Geology / Applied Geology or Marine Geology / Mineral exploration / Hydrogeology or Diploma of Associate ship in Applied Geology of Indian School of Mines from recognized university or institutions.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India
You Can Also Check: More Post Graduate Jobs
Contestant’s age limit should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years and relaxation in upper age limit is allowable for reserved category as per the norms of organization. For post of Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) aspirants must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 35 years as on 1st January.
Application Fee Detail:
|Category Name||Fee||How to Pay|
|General / OBC||Rs. 200/-||By cash or SBI Challan Form|
Process of Selection:
- First of all, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in Combined Geo Scientist and Geologist Examinations.
- After that, final selection will be done on the basis of their performance in exam and personal interview.
Scheme of Examination:
|Part I: Written Examination||3 hrs|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper-I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-III||200 Marks|
|Interview For Personality Test||200 Marks|
Go Through These Articles, To Prepare Well For Exam/Interview:
UPSC Geologist Exam Syllabus:
Exam contain topics like Geomorphology and Remote Sensing, Structural Geology, Geotectonic, Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Geology of fuels and Hydrogeology etc. You may check below stated official link to get complete details about syllabus.
Get Details: UPSC Geologist Exam Syllabus
UPSC Geologist Admit Card:
Candidates can download official site of Union Public Service Commission that is www.upsc.gov.in to download your hall ticket. Go through below given official link to download your admit card directly.
UPSC Geologist Result:
Result of appliers will be available in the month of July 2016. Detailed Application Form (DAF) can be filled in the month of July 2016 and Interview will be held on August 2016.
Check Here: UPSC Geologist Result
Way to Apply for UPSC Geologist Exam:
- Participants must apply through online process from the official website that is www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Select the appropriate link and press the ‘Press here’ option to fill the part 1 registration.
- Then fill all the mandatory details in the form properly.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature with form.
- After that press ‘Continue’ button to save all the details.
- Now, fill the part 2 Registration and must fill the desired information in it.
- Then, press the ‘Submit’ button and fill UPSC Geologist Application Form within the given time period.
- At last, take print out of it and keep it safe for the future reference.
Read This: Procedure To Fill Online Form
- Application Forms can be submitted: February & March 2017
- Admit Card can be downloaded: May 2017
- Examination will be held on: May 2017
If you want to get more detail against UPSC Geologist Exam 2017, check Official Link.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Notifications||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Calendar||Geologist Salary In India|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||Strategy for UPSC Examination|
|Upcoming Government Jobs||UPSC Online Application Status|