UPSC Geologist Exam
On 12-05-2017, Union Public Service Commission will conduct UPSC Geologist Exam. Regarding this UPSC Application Forms are invited by the commission from eligible Indians for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam. So, candidates who are interested and have requisite eligibility criteria for UPSC Geologist Exam 2017 are required to submit UPSC Exam Application Form till 03-03-2017.
Crucial Points Of This Page
To collect all the other information related to Union Public Service Commission Examinations such as post name, vacancy detail, Eligibility Conditions, age limitation, selection procedure, process to apply, and etc candidates should visit below provided details that are well created by recruitmentresult.com
UPSC Geologist Exam
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Application Forms can be submitted till||03-03-2017|
|Examination will be held on||12-05-2017|
UPSC Geologist Vacancies Details:
|Posts Name||No. of Posts|
|Geologist, Group A||40|
|Chemist, Group A||40|
|Geophysicist, Group A||25|
|Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A||33|
Check Here: UPSC Notifications
UPSC Eligibility Criteria:
For Geologists & Junior Hydro Geologists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Job seekers who are going to apply for stated position must hold Master’s degree in Geology or Geological Science or Applied Geology or Mineral Exploration or Geo-Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Petroleum Geosciences or Coastal Area Studies or Petroleum Exploration or Geophysical Technology from a recognized university.
For Geophysicists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Candidates must have M.Sc. (Geophysics) or M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized university.
For Chemists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Candidates should possess M. Sc. in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or Applied Chemistry from a recognized board with good academic records.
Age Limit (as on 01-01-2017):
|Name of Post||Age Limit (Years)|
|Geologist, Group A||21 to 32|
|Geophysicist, Group A||21 to 32|
|Chemist. Group A||21 to 32|
|Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B), Group A||21 to 35|
- Applying candidates for UPSC Geologist Exam will have to pay an application fee of Rs 200/-.
- SC, ST, PH and female aspirants are not required to pay the fees.
- Participants are required to deposit either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of relevant branches as follows.
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore or
- By using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
To appoint eligible Indians for UPSC Vacancy organization will conduct the written test and Interview / Personality Test.
|Get Details||Interview Preparation Tips|
|How to Prepare for Written Exam|
UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern:
There will be two parts- Part I and Part II.
- Part I will consist of written test having duration of 03 hours for each paper.
- Part II will include interview/ personality test carrying 200 marks.
|Part I: Written Examination||3 hrs|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper-I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-III||200 Marks|
|Interview For Personality Test||200 Marks|
Get Details: UPSC Geologist Exam Syllabus
How to Apply For UPSC Geologist Exam Online Application Form?
To apply for the examination candidates should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination.
- Firstly aspirants may apply for UPSC Careers through online mode by visiting the official website of Union Public Service Commission i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in.
- After that you have to follow ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’.
- Now candidates have to hit on “Press Here below Part I Registration” available in front of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination.
- Fill Online Application Form with all required details.
- After that submit your application fee and then again revisit the site for part two registration.
- After complete the part- I, candidates have to go for further process that is Part-II registration by filling the entries.
- Now upload the scan copy of essential documents such as passport size photograph and signature.
- Lastly take a print out of system generated application for further references.
UPSC Geologist Admit Card:
Candidates can download official site of Union Public Service Commission that is www.upsc.gov.in to download your hall ticket. Go through below given official link to download your admit card directly.
UPSC Geologist Result:
Result of appliers will be available in the month of July 2017. Detailed Application Form (DAF) can be filled in the month of July 2017 and Interview will be held on August 2017.
Check Here: UPSC Geologist Result
- Last Date for Online Application: 03-03-2017
- Exam Date: 12-05-2017
Candidates may get the whole information regarding UPSC Geologist Exam 2017 through the above given Official Notification.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Books||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Calendar||Geologist Salary In India|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||Strategy for UPSC Examination|
|Upcoming Government Jobs||UPSC Online Application Status|