Union Public Service Commission conducts various exams every year like Civil Services/IAS/NDA/CDS. So candidates who have applied for these exams and those who are preparing for the exams shall check UPSC Syllabus on this page. Candidates can get Updated Civil Services/IAS/NDA/CDS Syllabi PDF on the official website of Union Public Service Commission that is upsc.gov.in. Candidates can also tap to the direct links provided below section of the page to get complete details about UPSC Syllabus 2017.
Today’s generation wants to enhance their career in Government sector. So candidates who want to apply for competitive examination must check Union public service commission syllabus by tapping to the below provided links. To qualify the exams one must require complete syllabus to prepare for exam, which is available on this page. So, candidates can get easily all new syllabus of each respective exam. We the team of www.recruitmentresult.com has provided complete information related to UPSC Syllabus 2017–2018 right here, so please have a look…
UPSC Exam Pattern:
Indian Civil Service serves as the backbone of Indian administrative machinery. Career in civil services offers prominent chances and responsibilities. UPSC 2016 Preliminary Examination has two papers of objective type or multiple-choice questions (MCQ) contain 400 marks maximum. The Question Papers (Test Booklets) sets are available in both the languages as in English & Hindi.
|III||General Studies –II|
|IV||General Studies –III|
|V||General Studies –IV|
|VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1|
|VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2|
|Sub Total (Written test)||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
Must Check: UPSC Exam Pattern
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s central agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination, IFS examination, Combined Defence Services examination, SCRA, CAPF, CRPF ETC. and this examination is one of the toughest. Aspirants have to prepare well for the UPSC examination. Following are the names of exam which are commenced by UPSC to recruit the aspirants in different government sectors as per requirement.
UPSC Syllabus for First Paper consists of maximum 200 marks & time duration will be 2 hours as under–
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that do not require subject specialization
- General science.
Check Out: Latest UPSC Notification Details
UPSC Syllabus for Second Paper consists maximum 200 marks & time duration will be 2 hours as under–
- Comprehension/ Intellectual Capacity
- Interpersonal skills as well as Communication Skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical aptitude.
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental aptitude
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class 10th Standard), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data competence etc. –Class 10th Standard)
- English language intellectual capacity skills (Class 10th Standard)
|Optional Subjects||Syllabus For Literature|
|Agriculture (Anatomy| Pharmacology And Hygiene)||Assamese|
|Animal Husbandry And Veterinary Science||Bengali|
|Commerce And Accountancy||Hindi|
|Political Science And International Relations||Sindhi|
|Statics||Urdu And English.|
Also Check: UPSC Previous Year Question
List of the post given after qualifying Civil Services Examination:
|Post name||Group name|
|Indian Administrative Service|
|Indian Foreign Service|
|Indian Police Service|
|Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service|| |
|Indian Audit and Accounts Service|
|Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise)|
|Indian Defence Accounts Service|
|Indian Revenue Service (I.T.)|
|Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager and Administration)|
|Indian Postal Service|
|Indian Civil Accounts Service|
|Indian Railway Traffic Service|
|Indian Railway Accounts Service|
|Indian Railway Personnel Service|
|Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force|
|Indian Defence Estates Service|
|Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)|
|Indian Corporate Law Service||‘A’|
|Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service|| |
|Delhi |Andaman & Nicobar Islands | Lakshadweep |Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service|
|Delhi /Andaman & Nicobar Islands| Lakshadweep | Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service|
|Pondicherry Civil Service|
|Pondicherry Police Service|
|Indian Trade Service||‘A’ (Gr. III).|
Negative Marking Scheme:
- Union Public Service Commission generally follow negative marking scheme.
- According to this, if a candidate attempts any wrong answer then marks will be deducted from total marks.
- One third of total marks will be deducted for any wrong answer.
- If any candidate gives more than one answer for a particular question then marks will be deducted from total marks.
START Now: Online Test For UPSC
Union Public Service Commission conducts various examinations to recruit eligible candidates to fill the vacant post. UPSC recruit candidates through different process like through examinations or through direct recruitment or promotion and deputation or interview. Candidates who apply against different vacancies shall check the eligibility criteria, how to apply, selection process, application fee and many more from the official notifications.
To grab more information regarding UPSC Syllabus 2017–2018 candidate may go through this Official Link. Interested aspirants shall bookmark this web portal to get Updated Civil Services/IAS/NDA/CDS Syllabus.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Challan Form||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Online Application Status||Strategy for UPSC Pre Examination|
|UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Books For Prelims/Mains Exam|