UPSC Syllabus 2014
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) cdommences various exams every year. In 2014 there will held many tests on different locations in India but Pre & Mains New Syllabus 2014 must be studied by job seekers to crack the exam. That is why we are taking you to the section of UPSC Syllabus 2014 to download for all aspirants.
In this page you will find UPSC Syllabus 2014. New Syllabus for UPSC 2014 Mains and Prelims of Civil Services will be described below.
UPSC 2014 Preliminary Examination has two papers of objective type or multiple-choice questions (MCQ) contain 400 marks maximum. The Question Papers (Test Booklets) sets are available in both the languages as in English & Hindi.
Syllabus for UPSC Exams
Following are the names of exam which are commenced by UPSC to recruit the aspirants in different government sectors as per requirement:
- Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examination
- Indian Forest Service Examination
- Engineering Services Examination
- National Defence Acadamy & Naval Academy Examination
- Combined Defence Services Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination
- Geologist Examination
- Indian Economic/Statistical Service Examination
- Central Police Forces Examination
- Indian Police Services Examination
UPSC Syllabus 2014 will as under write for both the Question Papers
UPSC Syllabus 2014 for First Paper consists of maximum 200 marks & time duration will be 2 hours as under-
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that do not require subject specialization
- General science.
UPSC Syllabus 2014 for Second Paper consists of maximum 200 marks & time duration will be 2 hours as under
- Comprehension/ Intellectual Capacity
- Interpersonal skills as well as communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical aptitude.
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental aptitude
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class 10th Standard), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data competence etc. –Class 10th Standard)
- English language intellectual capacity skills (Class 10th Standard)
Best of luck for the preparation of UPSC Exam.
Latest Information about UPSC
|UPSC Notifications||UPSC Entrance Exam|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Previous Year Question|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Challan Form|
|UPSC Online Application Status||Strategy for UPSC Pre Examination|