XAT Exam Pattern
XLRI Jamshedpur has released latest XAT Exam Pattern. To get idea about marking scheme, duration of paper, number of questions & total marks, aspirants may check out new updated XAT Paper Pattern for Xavier Aptitude Test. Exam authorities will organize Xavier Aptitude Test on 7 January 2018 at various exam centres. This time, XAT 2018 is scheduled to be conducted in online mode. This national level management entrance exam is organized for admission to postgraduate management programmes. To get more stuff about XAT Exam Pattern 2018 & weightage allotted to each section, go through this page.
This page comprise:
Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making, and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, General Knowledge and Essay Writing are among the key topics from which questions are asked. Number of questions and marking scheme for Xavier Aptitude Test varies from year to year. Contenders may read out this page created by team of recruitmentresult.com to get more details about XAT Exam Pattern and syllabus 2018.
XAT Exam Pattern 2018
XAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
Xavier Aptitude Test will be organized through online mode. Until last year, the exam was organized in pen and paper mode.
Number of Papers:
XAT 2018 Paper is categorized in two sections i.e. is paper 1 and paper 2 as per latest XAT Exam Pattern.
- Paper 1 consists of three sections like Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- In Part 2, questions will be asked from General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
Do You Know: How To Prepare For XAT
Nature of questions asked in XAT 2018 paper:
- Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and General Knowledge comprise of objective type multiple choice questions.
- Essay Writing Test will comprise of subjective type questions.
Division of Questions in XAT Exam Pattern:
Paper 1 comprise of 72 questions while paper 2 consists of 25 questions & one essay topic. Number of questions asked in Xavier Aptitude Test may vary year to year.
Check Out: XAT Coaching Centers In India
Language of XAT Exam 2018:
All questions in XAT 2018 will set in English language.
Duration of Xavier Aptitude Test 2018:
XAT exam will be organized from 10:00 AM to 1:35 PM. So, time duration of paper is of 3 hours 35-minutes.
- You need to attempt first three sections-Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation within 170 minutes.
- General knowledge section requires to be completed in 35 minutes. So, in this way XAT Exam Pattern is categorized.
You May Also Check: XAT Previous Year Papers
Is there Negative marking in Xavier Aptitude Test?
- All questions in XAT 2018 paper carries equal marks.
- There is a provision of negative marking in test.
- One-fourth marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Examination authority has not mentioned total marks for XAT test.
XAT Exam Pattern 2018:
|Part||Section covered in XAT 2018 Paper||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time duration|
|Part 1||Decision Making||21||21||3 hours 35 minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||27||27|
|Part 2||General Knowledge (GK)||25||25|
|Essay Writing||1 question|
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Previous years’ XAT Exam Pattern:
|Year||No. of Questions (Part A)||Marks|
Get Here: XAT Syllabus
XAT Marking Scheme 2018:
- In XAT all the questions carry equal marks.
- There will be total 72 questions in Paper 1 and each question is of 1 mark.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- General Knowledge section is of 25 marks.
To grab more details about XAT Exam Pattern 2018, you may refer its Official Link. Bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D for getting more updates concerning XAT 2018 exam pattern.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|XAT Admit Card||XAT Notification|
|XAT Answer Key||XAT Results|
|Entrance Exam in India||MBA Fee Structure in India|