XAT Exam Pattern
XLRI Jamshedpur prescribes the XAT Exam Pattern 2019. Candidates who are preparing for the XAT exam or planning to appear for the same must know the XAT Paper Pattern 2019.
It’ll allow you to structure your preparation in an organised way. XAT Exam Pattern includes XAT Exam Duration & Marking Scheme, types of questions that will be asked in the Xavier Aptitude Test.
Xavier Aptitude Test Exam Pattern 2019
As per the XAT exam pattern, the exam will be of 3 hours or 180 minutes duration which is divided into four sections carrying objective type questions. There would be negative marking for incorrect answers as well.
Number of questions and marking scheme for Xavier Aptitude Test varies from year to year. Contenders may read out this page created by team of recruitmentresult.com to get more details about XAT Exam Pattern 2019 and syllabus.
XAT Exam Pattern 2019
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
Xavier Aptitude Test will be organized through online mode. Until last year, the exam was organized in pen and paper mode.
Number of Papers:
XAT 2019 Paper is categorized in two sections i.e. is paper 1 and paper 2 as per latest XAT Exam Pattern.
- Paper 1 consists of three sections like Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- In Part 2, questions will be asked from General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
Do You Know: How To Prepare For XAT
Nature of questions asked in XAT 2019 paper:
- Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and General Knowledge comprise of objective type multiple choice questions.
- Essay Writing Test will comprise of subjective type questions.
Division of Questions in XAT Exam Pattern:
Paper 1 comprise of 72 questions while paper 2 consists of 25 questions & one essay topic. Number of questions asked in Xavier Aptitude Test may vary year to year.
Check Out: XAT Coaching Centers In India
Language of XAT Exam 2019:
All questions in XAT 2019 will set in English language.
Duration of Xavier Aptitude Test 2019:
XAT exam will be organized from 10:00 AM to 1:35 PM. So, time duration of paper is of 3 hours 35-minutes.
- You need to attempt first three sections-Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation within 170 minutes.
- General knowledge section requires to be completed in 35 minutes. So, in this way XAT Exam Pattern is categorized.
You May Also Check: XAT Previous Year Papers
Is there Negative marking in Xavier Aptitude Test?
- All questions in XAT 2019 paper carries equal marks.
- There is a provision of negative marking in test.
- One-fourth marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Examination authority has not mentioned total marks for XAT test.
XAT Exam Pattern 2019:
|Part||Section covered in XAT 2019 Paper||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time duration|
|Part 1||Decision Making||21||21||3 hours 35 minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||27||27|
|Part 2||General Knowledge (GK)||25||25|
|Essay Writing||1 question|
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Previous years’ XAT Exam Pattern:
|Year||No. of Questions (Part A)||Marks|
Get Here: XAT Syllabus
XAT Marking Scheme 2019:
- In XAT all the questions carry equal marks.
- There will be total 72 questions in Paper 1 and each question is of 1 mark.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- General Knowledge section is of 25 marks.
The registration for XAT 2019 has started on 20-08-2018. Aspirants who wish to study at XLRI and other institutes which accept XAT score would be able to fill the application form online until 30-11-2018.
Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur will conduct Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2019 on Sunday, 06-01-2019 (10 AM- 1 PM), on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI).
The entrance exam would be conducted in online mode. Around 90,000 students appear for the exam every year. XAT score is accepted by around 150 B-schools across the country.
Read Here: Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time
What’s New in XAT 2019?
The application fee has been revised from Rs. 1650/- to Rs. 1700/- from this year onwards (XAT 2019)
XAT 2019 will be conducted in 3 hours duration. Until last year the exam duration was 3:35 hours.
Agartala has been removed. Now the exam will be held across 46 cities in India.
Essay Writing section has been removed. Now the exam has four sections. They are Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR), Decision Making (DM), Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation (QA & DI), General Knowledge (GK).
Read Here: How To Find Online Study Material
To grab more details about XAT Exam Pattern 2019, you may refer its Official Link. Bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D for getting more updates concerning XAT 2019 exam pattern.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|XAT Admit Card||XAT Notification|
|XAT Answer Key||XAT Results|
|Entrance Exam in India||MBA Fee Structure in India|