GAIL Full Form
Gail (India) Limited was formerly known as Gas Authority of India Limited. GAIL is one of the largest natural gas processing and Distribution Company whose headquarters is in New Delhi. In Hindi terms, “भारतीय गैस प्राधिकरण लिमिटेड” is GAIL Full Form (गेल फुल फॉर्म). Gail (India) was established in August 1984 as a PSU under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoP&NG). The listing of GAIL is on National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
GAIL Full Form
Overview on Gas Authority of India Limited
|Founded||August 1984; 35 years ago|
|Type||Public Sector Undertaking|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Chairman & MD||Manoj Jain|
|Products||Natural gas, petrochemical, liquid hydrocarbons,|
Liquefied petroleum gas transmission, city gas distribution, E&P, electricity generation
Check Out: What is the full form of SAIL?
Gail (India) was initially formed to put up gas supply in India and later on it turned into a biggest leading pipeline network in the country. GAIL makes use of gas through pipelines to power plants in order to do production of over 4000 MW of power. After that, this high amount of power is used for the creation of fertilizers like Urea and others.
In present time, GAIL operates more than 11000 km natural Gas Pipeline in India. The presence of this natural Gas Pipeline is reflected in 22 states of the country. The company also operates more than 2000 km long LPG pipelines in the country and is operating world’s longest exclusive LPG pipeline from Jamnagar in Gujarat to Loni in Uttar Pradesh.
Product line of GAIL (India):
- Processing and trading of natural gas
- Liquid Petroleum Gas
- Liquid hydrocarbons
- Electricity generation
- GAIL India was established by the Government of India as a PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) in 1984.
- On 1st Feb 2013, GAIL achieved Maharatna status award by the Government of India.
- GAIL got entry in the listing of NSE, BSE, and DSE in 1996.
- In 2001, GAIL was authorized for the production of LPG transmission pipeline.
- In August 2003, Bhagyanagar Gas Limited (combined business enterprise of GAIL and HPCL) was founded.
- In 2009, GAIL achieved SCOPE Meritorious Award for company authority.
- In 2010, GAIL established a Representative Office in Egypt.
- In 2011, GAIL received the Managing India Award for the Outstanding PSU of the Year.
- In 2012, GAIL was acknowledged by MoU Excellence Award in the Petroleum Sector for the year 2009-10.
Check List of Winners: Bharat Ratna Award
These are the following operations of GAIL India Limited:
- Natural gas
- Gas marketing
- Liquid hydrocarbons
- LPG production and transmission
- City gas distribution
- Exploration and production
The following are the Subsidiaries of GAIL India Limited:
- GAIL Gas Limited
- Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL)
- GAIL Global (Singapore) Pte Limited
- GAIL Global (USA) Inc.
- GAIL Global (USA) LNG LLC
Read Here: What is the full form of DLF?
The following are the Joint Ventures of GAIL India Limited:
- Aavantika Gas Limited (AGL)
- Bhagyanagar Gas Limited (BGL)
- Central U.P. Gas Limited (CUGL)
- Green Gas Limited (GGL)
- Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL)
- Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL)
- Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL)
- ONGC Petro-additions Limited (OPaL)
- Petronet LNG Limited (PLL)
- Ratnagiri Gas and Power Pvt. Ltd. (RGPPL)
- Tripura Natural Gas Company Limited (TNGCL)
- GAIL China Gas Global Energy Holdings Limited
- Andhra Pradesh Gas Distribution Corporation
Candidates can bookmark this page for getting more updates about GAIL India Limited. GAIL Full Form in English and Hindi, GAIL Infrastructure, its Subsidiaries, Operations, Joint Ventures etc details are mentioned on this page by the team of recruitmentresult.com
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|CGST Full Form||FSSAI Full Form|
|What is ECGC||Hydro Power Plants in India|
|Longest National Highways of India||Major Dams in India|
|Nuclear Power Plants in India||DRDO Full Form|