Physical Standards for Indian Armed Forces
Those candidates who are eager to join Indian Army, Air force, Navy etc, must be physically and mentally fir. There are some Physical Standards for Indian Armed Forces decided by the government like Height & Weight Ratio which are necessary to be fulfilled. Willing contenders can check all the necessary details on this page.
Physical Standards for Indian Armed Forces
Height and Weight Standards (Males)
|Rest of all entries||157 Male|
Height Relaxation For Other Than Aviation Entries
|Tribals from Ladakh||155||150|
|Gorkhas, Nepali, Assamese, Garhwali,|
Kumaoni and Uttarakhand
|Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep|
and Minicoy Islands
|Bhutan, Sikkim & North East Region||152||147|
|Age in Yrs||Height in CM||Present Weight in KG|
Medical Examination Procedure:
- Special Medical Board (SMB)
- Appeal Medical Board (AMB)
- Review Medical Board (RMB)
- Must have good physical as well as mental health.
- Applicant should free from any disease or disability.
- No evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects and overweight.
- The minimum height for Male candidate is 157.5 cms and for women minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. Gorkhas and individuals belong to hills of North Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, their Minimum height must be 5 cms less. If candidates are from Lakshadweep, then minimum height can be reduced by 2 cms for males and females.
- About Chest- minimum range for males should be 5 cms. In recording the measurements, fraction of less than 0.5 cm can be ignored, 0.5 cm will be recorded and 0.6 cm and above will be recorded as 1 cm. Chest X-Ray is compulsory and no disease of the chest should found.
- Should have normal Hearing. Can able to hear a forced whisper from both ears at a distance of 610 cms.
- No evidence of past or present disease of the ear, nose and throat.
- Normal Blood pressure.
- There should be no hydrocele, varicocele or piles.
- Test of Urine will be done and any abnormality, if found detect will be a cause for rejection.
- Any skin disease which is likely to cause disability or disfigurement will also be a cause for rejection.
- Powers to read from 6/6 in a distant vision chart from each eye with or without glasses. Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia should not more than 3.5D including Astigmatism. For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity is: Distant vision (corrected) better eye 6/6 worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including Astogination.
- Examination of the internal eye can be done by means of ophthalmoscope. Therefore, must have good binocular vision. The standard of colour vision will be CP-III for Army A candidate should be able to recognise red and green colours.
Find Here Latest:
Indian Army Physical Fitness Test:
The complete details about 4 Parts of Indian Physical Fitness Test are described under-
- 6 Km Run
- Pull Ups
- 9 Feet Ditch
Marking System for 1.6 KM Race:
|Group-I||Upto 5 Mins 40 Secs||60 Marks|
|Group-II||From 5 Mins 41 Secs to|
6 Mins to 20 Secs
Read Out: Defence Current Affairs
Provisions for Extra Time for 1.6 km run in Hill Terrain Areas:
- Upto 5000 Ft as above
- Between 5000Ft to 9000 Ft – Add 30 Secs.
- Between 9000Ft to 12000 Ft – Add 120 Secs.
Marking System for Pull Ups:
|No. Of Pull Ups||Marks|
|10 and above||40 Marks|
Get Some Important Things:
Indian Army Physical Standards:
Aspirants who have applied for any of the jobs in Indian Army, Air force, Navy are require cracking some selection stages. Firstly they need to personal interview which will be conducted by the organization. After a candidate clears the personal Interview, he/she is expected to undergo a Medical Examination held at the medical boards.
Only the candidates who are declared fit by the medical authorities are eligible to join the Training Academy. However you can appeal in the medical board again if you are declared unfit, also temporary rejections are given to candidates who have curable problems like, overweight, underweight etc.
Stay tuned with our web page to get more updated details and information regarding Physical Standards for Indian Armed Forces.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Tips to prepare for SSB Interview||Current Affairs for competitive exams|
|Latest GD Topics||Online Quiz for Students|
|Top 10 Job Oriented Courses||How to Choose Right Career|