NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern
National Testing Agency is going to conduct for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor in May 2021 for December 2020 Cycle. Candidates appearing for the exam can check NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern, marking Scheme and other new changes through this page.
NTA UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern: Highlights
|Exam Name||UGC NET (University Grants Commission|
National Eligibility Test) December 2020 Cycle
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||PG level|
|Exam Mode||Online only (CBT)|
|Category||NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern|
|UGC NET Exam Date||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 May 2021|
NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern
As per the latest notification, UGC NET Entrance Test consists of two rounds of objective type papers. Each paper has its different standard and difficulty level which increases from first to second round.
UGC NET Entrance Exam will be conducted in Online Mode. Exam will be held Single Session i.e. No break between Paper 1 & Paper 2. Total 150 questions will be asked in UGC National Eligibility Test.
- Question paper will include Objective Type Questions.
- Candidates have the choice to choose the medium of paper either Hindi or English.
- Choice for paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form.
- Each correct answer will carry 2 marks. NTA is not following negative marking scheme in UGC NET.
UGC NET Exam Pattern
|Paper||Number of Questions|
(All are compulsory)
|Paper I||50||100||1 Hour|
|Paper II||100||200||2 Hours|
Questions asked in Paper-I will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
Know More About UGC NET 2021:
|NTA UGC NET Application Form||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Exam Coaching Centers In India||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Syllabus||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Result||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Management Syllabus||Details|
|NTA UGC NET English Syllabus||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Economics Syllabus||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Computer Science Syllabus||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Political Science Syllabus||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Commerce Syllabus||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Admit Card||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Previous Years Papers||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Mock Test||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Books||Details|
|NTA UGC NET Answer Key||Details|
For Person with Disability
- Thirty Minutes compensatory time will be provided separately for Paper-I and Paper-II.
- They will also be provided with the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate. The faculty of scribe will be provided only to those persons who have disability 40% or more.
- UGC will also provide the Test Booklets of Paper-I & II in Braille along with usual Test Booklets as provided to other candidates.
- Those candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services by making prior request (at least one week before the date of UGC-NET) in writing to the Coordinator of the NET Coordinating Institution.
Read Out: How Do Toppers Study?
What Are The Major Change Made In UGC NET Exam Pattern?
The UGC NET examination (December 2020 cycle) is scheduled by NTA in the month of May 2021. Candidates who clear this examination are eligible for positions of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professors.
The major change made in the pattern of UGC NET Exam or NTA NET Exam Pattern is that now the board will conduct two papers in CBT Mode. This exam has to be now completed in 180 Mins Duration and no break will be provided between both the papers.
UGC NET Marking scheme
- Each question carries 02 marks.
- For each correct response, candidate will get 02 marks.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions un-answered/un-attempted/marked for Review.
- To answer a question, the candidate needs to choose one option as correct option.
- If a question is found to be incorrect/ambiguous during the Key Challenge, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers would be given the credit. Only for dropped question(s), if any, marks will be given to all the candidates.
- In case a Question is dropped due to some technical error, full marks shall be given to the candidates who have attempted it.
What after UGC NET 2021?
National testing Agency conducts national level exam named as UGC NET every year. Students after qualifying this test can apply for lecturer-ship in reputed universities or take admissions for PhD Programs in Net Coordinating Universities.
Press Here For: NTA UGC NET Official Website
Students we hope that above information will help you in understanding the new format of NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern 2021. It’s the time to accomplish your career goal.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Scholarship in India||How Do Toppers Study?|
|Best Career Opportunities||How to Prepare for Written Exam|